Sunday, April 22, 2007

July 20, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"Are you pregnant?" That is the question I hear most frequently when people hear the news. I think it is interesting that this, not "congratulations", seems to make more sense to people to say. My fiance Brian and I have been dating for three years and had an original wedding date set for July 26, 2008. Unfortunately, a very real reality for Brian and I is that I have several health issues that we have had to deal with in the entirety of our relationship. For me, it is greater proof that Brian is an incredible man who genuinely loves me. He has seen me through four major surgeries, three simultaneous steroid cycles, a thirty pound weight gain, and premature chemically induced menopause. Not only has that been a lot for me to go through, but the reprecussions for him have been monumental. He, thankfully, has stepped up and been more than involved and supportive through everything. Anyways, three weeks ago at a fertility meeting, we found out that I have a very small chance of getting pregnant and the longer that I wait the smaller those already-small chances get. So, with much deliberation with our families, we made the decision to go ahead and move the wedding up a whole year and get hitched this summer. It has been a very stressful and overwhelming process planning a wedding with 300 hundred guests in three months but thankfully, everything has come together amazingly. With our ceremony at our church and the reception site at Terrace Gardens in Ken Caryl Valley, and securing the various vendors to make it all happen, I can finally take in a deep breath and exhale to the adventure of a lifetime.

No comments: